How to apply
You can apply for any Bucerius Summer Program through our online application system. Please remember that you will need to upload digital copies of required documents before you can submit your application and will still need to submit hard copies of your transcript afterward.
Early Bird Deadline
Save 15%—make early plans to spend a summer in Hamburg and benefit from a tuition reduction. To be eligible, your application must be received by March 1.
Applications to take part in a 2017 summer program at Bucerius must be received by May 1. Applications received after this date will be considered only if space permits.
Admission decisions for early bird applicants will be announced in late March; applicants submitting by the standard deadline will be informed of their status in late May.
Yes, I want to receive an e-mail notification at the start of the 2018 application cycle.
To submit an application, you will be required to upload the following items:
1. A brief statement of purpose (approx. 1-2 pages)
- explain areas of special interest and why you wish to study at Bucerius
- discuss your experience—educational and/or professional—in the field treated by the program to which you are applying (coursework, workshops, conferences, summer programs, work experience)
- include any previous international experience
2. A transcript of grades
- in English or German
- from your current university (or the university where you completed your studies)
- include a description of the grading system and, if possible, class rank
- if you studied business or a business-related topic for a previous degree, please submit copies of these transcripts in addition to those from your legal studies
4. One passport-size photo to be used for a student directory
After submitting an online application, you will need to send original hard copies or certified copies of your official transcript(s) and/or diploma.
Send your documents (in English or German) to:
Bucerius Law School
Clifford Chance International Office