The application deadlines:
- To qualify for the early bird discount, students must submit their application by February 16, 2014.
- All other applications for Summer Program in Business Law must be received by April 30, 2014 and for Summer Program in IP Law and Licensing must be received by May 15, 2014.
Applications are not reviewed on a rolling basis; however, should you need an earlier decision (due to an internship offer, for your employer, etc.), please let us know and we will do our best to work with you.
A maximum of 20 participants will be admitted to each program during the first selection process, i.e. in February 2014 after the early bird deadline. We will notify these applicants of our admissions decision by the end of February. The remaining applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be considered at the end of the second deadline (i.e. April 30, 2014). Applicants should bear in mind that the total enrollment is limited to 45 participants in each program.
Applications received after the final deadline will only be considered if spaces are still available.
To apply to the program, you must have completed at least one year legal studies at the university level and submit the following:
- A completed and signed application form, available here...,
- Official transcript(s) of grades in original, hard copy in English or German, including an explanation of the grading system used and, when possible, class rank,
- A personal statement (approximately 1 – 2 pages) providing information about your areas of special interest and why you wish to participate in the Bucerius Summer Program,
- A current curriculum vitae or résumé,
- Proof of English proficiency (only required for students whose primary language of instruction at their current law school is not English. We require a minimum score of 90 on the internet-based TOEFL; 7.0 on the IELTS; a minimum grade of B on the CAE or C on the CPE; OR an ILEC),
- One passport-sized photo.
With the exception of the transcript(s), which must be submitted in original, hard copy, all other application documents may be sent electronically or per post.
* Note: Students applying for the BSP in International Business Law who previously studied business should submit a transcript from their business studies as well as from their legal studies.
All accepted students will receive a letter of acceptance and admission email with important academic and administrative information.
Please send your application to: