Combine the Master of Law and Business with the Bucerius Summer Program in Legal Technology and Operations to obtain a specialization in Legal Technology.
How do law firms of the future use technology and alternative providers to improve their services for clients? How can we use algorithms to predict court decisions? How can computer programs support lawyers in their daily work?
If you are interested in technology and how it will influence the practice of law, and especially the practice of business law, in the future, combining the Master of Law and Business with the Bucerius Summer Program in Legal Technology and Operations is the perfect choice.
Credits from the Summer Program (10 ECTS) are transferable to the Master of Law and Business and may replace the two mandatory electives. This gives you the opportunity to either take two additional electives or to extend your mandatory internship period during the Master's program.
Requirements for a degree with Specialization in Legal Technology:
- Completion of the Bucerius Summer Program in Legal Technology and Operations (10 ECTS) before the start of the Master's program
- Completion of a 8-week internship in the field of legal technology
- Writing of the master's thesis on an interdisciplinary topic in the field of legal technology
The Specialization in Legal Technology and Operations can be combined with either the MLB or the LLM degree.
Students who wish to obtain the Specialization in Legal Technology must:
- submit complete applications to both programs at the same time
- note in both applications that they wish to combine the two programs (as the applications are processed in different departments)
Have you already applied for the Master of Law and Business?
Then apply to the Summer Program in Legal Technology as soon as possbile and notify Maite Schewe.
Candidates who have pais their €1,000 deposit on the Master of Law and Business tuition, will receive a discount of 50% on the regular fee of the Summer Program. This discount cannot be combined with any other tuition reductions for the Summer Program.
Admitted candidates may apply for financial aid for the Master of Law and Business.