Bucerius Summer Programs are designed for advanced law students and recent graduates. Applicants are expected to have a keen interest in the field of practice on which their program focuses.
Advanced students and young professionals
- Applicants from countries where law is studied at a graduate level (such as the United States), must have completed at least one year of law school at the time the program begins.
- Applicants from countries where law is studied at the undergraduate level (such as Germany), must have completed at least two years of their legal education by the start of the program.
Prior experience or engagement
- Applicants to the program in International Business Law or International IP Transactions should be able to demonstrate prior coursework or work experience in the field of practice on which their program focuses.
- For the program in Legal Technology & Operations, prior training is by no means required, but applicants should have a keen interest in topics being treated within the respective field.
Strong English language skills
- Participants are expected to have a good command of English and must submit proof of their language proficiency.
- Students who are currently enrolled in an English-taught degree program, as well as graduates of such programs, are exempt from this requirement.
- Please note that German language skills are NOT necessary. Optional language coursework is available for those who wish to boost their German skills (or get started with the language) in the weeks before or after the summer program.
Applicants may submit any of the following to satisfy the minimum requirement for participation:
- TOEFL Internet-Based Test (IBT): 90
- IELTS Academic Program: 7.0
- CAE: B or CPE: C
In certain situations, we may be able to waive the test requirement and arrange for a telephone interview to assess your English skills, e.g. if you spent a significant amount of time in an English-speaking country or were enrolled in numerous courses or a short-term program taught in English. If you do not have a (valid) English proficiency certificate and would like to discuss this option, please feel free to contact us.
|Early Bird Deadline||March 1, 2018|
|Standard Deadline||May 1, 2018|
If you apply before the early bird deadline, you will receive a decision regarding your admission by the end of March. If you apply before the standard deadline, you will receive your admission status by the end of May.
Please note that applications received after the standard deadline will be considered only if space is available.
Prospective Student Mailing List
✔ Special Offers
✔ Deadline Reminders
✔ Program News