This year, on Tuesday, November 29, 2016, American Friends of Bucerius and Bucerius Law School are participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Last year, more than 45,000 organizations in 71 countries came together to celebrate #GivingTuesday. Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations, volunteer hours, and activities that bring about real change in communities.
We will be participating in #GivingTuesday to raise funds for the Bucerius Global Legacy Fund, which funds opportunities for American and Bucerius Law School students to integrating transatlantic experience into their studies on international law and global governance. Opportunities offered by the Bucerius Global Legacy Fund include:
- Scholarships for American law students to attend the Summer School or International Program at Bucerius Law School
- Scholarships for American students enrolled in the Master in Law & Business program at Bucerius Law School
- Funding for the Bucerius Research Fellow Program for Americans doing research at Bucerius Law School and/or Bucerius Law School students doing research at an American partner law school
For the continued success of the Bucerius Global Legacy Fund, your continued support is crucial. We invite you to join the movement and help us get the word out and raise money this coming November 29th on #GivingTuesday.
Ways you can help include:
- Share. We’ll be using the hashtag #GivingTuesday on our twitter account (@buceriususa) and on our Facebook page. Re-share, re-tweet, and participate in the conversation about why you support our efforts.
- Donate. You can donate through our PayPal Giving Fund here. There are no fees and you’ll automatically get a tax receipt for your contribution!
- Partner. Get your workplace and local small businesses involved in #GivingTuesday – many employers and businesses will make matching donations for their employees and customers, doubling the impact of each donation.
Together we can make a greater impact on #GivingTuesday, giving tomorrow’s leaders the training and skills they need to find solutions to major global challenges.