All students complete an 8-week internship in a law firm, corporation or organization. The internship can take place in Germany or abroad and provides students with the opportunity to apply the knowledge they have gained in the first six months of the MLB Program to international business and legal practice.
As it takes place before writing the Master's thesis, the internship also provides students with an excellent opportunity to find thesis topics that are of interest to both themselves and to potential employers.
The advisers from the program's Career Service will provide support in the search for internship placement, writing applications, as well as increasing the student's professional network and exploring career opportunities.
The responsibility for finding an internship rests with you, and it is the internship providers (not Bucerius Law School) who determine whether they want to make you an offer. However, our Career Advisor is there to offer advice and support and provide you with the best tools possible in order to secure an internship placement.
The Career Service includes:
- Individual advisory session to explore your ambitions and career opportunities
- Professional "application photos" (What's this?)
- Mock interview training with a professional headhunter
- Distribution of your resumé among potential employers by means of an "MLB CV Book"
- Assistance during the application process for your mandatory internship
- Coordination of speculative applications
- Company presentations by potential employers on campus
- Berlin Study Trip to explore the start-up scene in Germany's capital